Harley Davidson
Forum F.A.Q Page Calendar Photo Gallery Sponsors Contact Us
  Register
Login 

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

one two

chatonline

three four
one two
three four
one two
Facebook
Google+
Twitter
RSS
three four



1 2

Chrome Sposnors

 

3 4
Home Page Home Page  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
  Print view
Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
Offline 
 Post subject: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 am 
User avatar
Senior Road Captain
Senior Road Captain

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 am
Posts: 3545
Location: Orange County, CA
Yes this is a jab, a poke... I'm pointing a finger at every IDIOT livin in snow and cold assed weather and laughing my F'n ass off at you all!!

Today's forecast: SUNNY - 79 DEGREES - GENTLE BREEZE OUT OF THE NORTHEAST...
Just not the Northeast USA :icon_flame:

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_laughing:


You can have it cheap.
You can have it fast.
You can have high quality.
PICK ANY 2....


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:49 am 
User avatar
Road Captian
Road Captian

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:51 am
Posts: 1898
roadking wrote:
Yes this is a jab, a poke... I'm pointing a finger at every IDIOT livin in snow and cold assed weather and laughing my F'n ass off at you all!!

Today's forecast: SUNNY - 79 DEGREES - GENTLE BREEZE OUT OF THE NORTHEAST...
Just not the Northeast USA :icon_flame:

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_laughing:


F*ck you! Lol just got dumped 12"+ inches. Drove home 25-27 mph because road was glareing ice.


To expect to be perfect is unreasonable, to strive for perfection is reasonable.
2015 Ultra Classic Low.


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:06 am 
User avatar
Senior Road Captain
Senior Road Captain

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 am
Posts: 3545
Location: Orange County, CA
Sunny 82 today... :icon_clap:


You can have it cheap.
You can have it fast.
You can have high quality.
PICK ANY 2....


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:21 am 
User avatar
Rider
Rider

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 590
:icon_laughing: :icon_laughing: :icon_laughing: :icon_laughing: :icon_laughing: :icon_laughing:


I belong to DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers
Image


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 am 
User avatar
Rider
Rider

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 590
Glad to see some things haven't changed around here. We'er having a cold snap, it's been in the low 70's here.


I belong to DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers
Image


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:07 am 
User avatar
Senior Road Captain
Senior Road Captain

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 am
Posts: 3545
Location: Orange County, CA
It is dark out - 10am - getting ready to rain more - Who said it never rains in Southern California... Because it pours. Drops as big as grapes.

Still - IT AINT SNOW - btw, how you folks doing in the mid west? A bit nippply out there? I heard 50 degrees below zero wind chill?
I'll take the rain any day!!!! :icon_laughing:

Keep Warm - Especially you Eddie :icon_You_Rock: - 70 is getting really down there in your neck of the woods - Good to see ya!!


You can have it cheap.
You can have it fast.
You can have high quality.
PICK ANY 2....


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm 
User avatar
Road Captian
Road Captian

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:51 am
Posts: 1898
Been a brutal winter so far. Smoked my auger belt the other day but back up and running today...new auger belt. Damned augers freeze inside the snow blower box. You only can notice it when you start blowing and initially nonsnos. Then push blower back in the barn,put the salamander to it to thaw augers. Unfortunately it takes its toll on the belt.

Almost over. One more little push.


To expect to be perfect is unreasonable, to strive for perfection is reasonable.
2015 Ultra Classic Low.


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:27 am 
User avatar
Senior Road Captain
Senior Road Captain

Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 am
Posts: 3545
Location: Orange County, CA
badinfluence63 wrote:
Been a brutal winter so far. Smoked my auger belt the other day but back up and running today...new auger belt. Damned augers freeze inside the snow blower box. You only can notice it when you start blowing and initially nonsnos. Then push blower back in the barn,put the salamander to it to thaw augers. Unfortunately it takes its toll on the belt.

Almost over. One more little push.


We had an 8 HP, electric start walk behind blower - we kept it in a heated garage -
every 3rd season I had to pull it apart and replace the rubber wheel that rode on the trans disc -
Training for owning my bike LOL

after using it we'd bring it in and a couple hours later there'd be a gallon of water puddle under it
can't imagine letting that freeze solid and then trying it - yeah - i can see where belt and pulleys would freeze solid.

Just sold the last of my salamanders had 4- this one was my favorite - I had a ton of history with it - never used it once in the last 35 years - time to go.

Keep warm.


You can have it cheap.
You can have it fast.
You can have high quality.
PICK ANY 2....


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:59 pm 
User avatar
Road Captian
Road Captian

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:51 am
Posts: 1898
roadking wrote:
badinfluence63 wrote:
Been a brutal winter so far. Smoked my auger belt the other day but back up and running today...new auger belt. Damned augers freeze inside the snow blower box. You only can notice it when you start blowing and initially nonsnos. Then push blower back in the barn,put the salamander to it to thaw augers. Unfortunately it takes its toll on the belt.

Almost over. One more little push.


We had an 8 HP, electric start walk behind blower - we kept it in a heated garage -
every 3rd season I had to pull it apart and replace the rubber wheel that rode on the trans disc -
Training for owning my bike LOL

after using it we'd bring it in and a couple hours later there'd be a gallon of water puddle under it
can't imagine letting that freeze solid and then trying it - yeah - i can see where belt and pulleys would freeze solid.

Just sold the last of my salamanders had 4- this one was my favorite - I had a ton of history with it - never used it once in the last 35 years - time to go.

Keep warm.


Unfortunately no heated place for snow blower between storms. I wish.


To expect to be perfect is unreasonable, to strive for perfection is reasonable.
2015 Ultra Classic Low.


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Offline 
 Post subject: Re: Harley Ridin' or Hardly Ridin'
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 pm 
User avatar
Rider
Rider

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 590
badinfluence63 wrote:
roadking wrote:
badinfluence63 wrote:
Been a brutal winter so far. Smoked my auger belt the other day but back up and running today...new auger belt. Damned augers freeze inside the snow blower box. You only can notice it when you start blowing and initially nonsnos. Then push blower back in the barn,put the salamander to it to thaw augers. Unfortunately it takes its toll on the belt.

Almost over. One more little push.


We had an 8 HP, electric start walk behind blower - we kept it in a heated garage -
every 3rd season I had to pull it apart and replace the rubber wheel that rode on the trans disc -
Training for owning my bike LOL

after using it we'd bring it in and a couple hours later there'd be a gallon of water puddle under it
can't imagine letting that freeze solid and then trying it - yeah - i can see where belt and pulleys would freeze solid.

Just sold the last of my salamanders had 4- this one was my favorite - I had a ton of history with it - never used it once in the last 35 years - time to go.

Keep warm.


Unfortunately no heated place for snow blower between storms. I wish.



Here in Phoenix we're used to the temps at the end of feburary to be between 75-80 degrees. We are seeing about 30- 45 degree temps and Right now as I speak it's snowing in fountain hills and in Scottsdale. We sit at about 1000 feet in my neighborhood which is about the lowest non-park point in Az.. So we never see snow here. It hailed pretty good this morning and the news is saying we might see snow this low by morning. I know it's not even nearly what you see BI but we just aren't ready for this. We're also seeing record snow fall in our northern areas. Fortunately I've been hunting in sub zero temps so I have some warm cloths that I don't ever get a chance to wear so I'll be good at work tomorrow.


I belong to DAMM: Drunks Against Mad Mothers
Image


Top
Profile My Photo Gallery Send private message E-mail
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Home Page Home Page  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
 
Welcome To The Harley Riders Forum The Ultimate Harley Davidson Enthusiasts Website!                Click Here For J&P Cycle's Big Sale!                Click Here For S&S Cycle's High Performance Parts!                Click Here For Harley Davidson Motorcycles
 

 

© Harley Riders Forum - ABS Enterprises All rights reserved.   Harley Riders Forum is not affiliated, owned or operated by Harley Davidson, Inc.